Background and Education
Charlie was born in Houston, Texas on April 6, 1947, and grew up in Bay City, Texas. He was admitted to the bar in 1972 after receiving his undergraduate and legal education at the University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1969; J.D. with Honors, 1972). Prior to joining the firm in January 2001, he was a shareholder in Hearne & Eppright, P.C., where he practiced for 20 years. Charlie is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the United States Tax Court. From 1972 through 1980, he was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Office of Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service in Seattle, Washington.
Areas of Practice
Charlie’s practice includes civil litigation (in both state and federal courts), real estate, business planning, corporate, estate planning, construction and probate.
- Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Texas (Construction and Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Sections)
- Austin Bar Association (Construction, Real Estate, and Estate Planning and Probate Sections)
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate
- General business
- Estate planning
- Probate litigation
- BA, University of Texas, 1969
- JD with Honors, University of Texas, 1972