Bill Brown is a shareholder at Sneed, Vine & Perry, P.C., where his practice focuses primarily on commercial real estate and business organizations. He currently serves as President of the firm, and also served as President from 1995-2011.
Bill represents a wide variety of clients in a broad range of local, regional, and national commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, construction, financing, leasing, management, and sale of large scale commercial real estate projects, and the formation, structuring, and planning of the business entities involved in these transactions.
Representative matters include:
- Represented a developer in the purchase and planned redevelopment of a one-half city block in downtown Austin, Texas.
- Represented a developer in the assemblage of multiple tracts along South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas, and the redevelopment and financing of a mixed-use project, including office space, retail, restaurants, apartments, and a boutique hotel in the heart of Austin’s SoCo neighborhood.
- Represented a large Central Texas wholesale beer distributor with the acquisition of multiple wholesale beer distributors and distribution rights for various major and craft beer brands, and the acquisition, development, construction, and financing of a 500,000 sq. ft. company headquarters and distribution facility.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, improvement, and leasing of an approximately 500,000 sq. ft. office/commercial project in Fort Worth, Texas, with Lockheed Martin as the primary tenant.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, leasing, and sale of an approximately 870,000 sq. ft. two-building high-rise office complex on Central Expressway in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, and leasing of an approximately 520,000 sq. ft. high-rise office complex in downtown Wilmington, Delaware, and a multi-building low-rise office building campus in Hopewell, New Jersey.
- Represented a developer in the purchase, redevelopment, construction, financing, and leasing of an approximately 115,000 sq. ft. office building that will serve as the Austin office for an international internet marketing company.
- Represented a California-based developer in the acquisition, planning, development, financing, and sale of a master-planned high-end golf course community in Central Texas.
- Represented a developer with the acquisition, development, financing, construction, and sale of multiple residential condominium projects in downtown and central Austin.
- Represented a developer in negotiating two leases with the City of Austin (96,000 sq. ft. and 216,000 sq. ft.) for the relocation of several City departments.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition, financing, and sale of numerous existing mid-size and large multi-family apartment communities in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.
- Serves as General Counsel to the Austin Country Club in various day-to-day matters and handled club negotiations with the PGA Tour, Inc. to host the annual World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play from 2015 through 2023.
- Represented a New York-based asset management firm in the purchase and redevelopment of a mid-rise luxury condominium and 100-plus hotel room project in downtown Austin.
Bill has been a member of the Texas Tech Alumni Association (TTAA) National Board of Directors since 2001 and served as Chair of the Finance Committee from 2006-2018. He was named Chair-elect of TTAA National Board of Directors in 2019 and will serve as Chair in 2020. Bill is also a member of the Texas Tech University Foundation Board of Directors. He has been an active member of the TTAA Austin Chapter for over 30 years.
In addition, Bill serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Westminster, a continuing care retirement community in Austin rated BBB+ by Fitch, where he served as Chairman of the Finance Committee in 2014 and 2015, and Chairman of the Board in 2016 and 2017, during which time he led a $61.5 million bond refinancing of the existing campus facilities. Bill currently serves as Chairman of the Strategic Planning and Expansion Committee spearheading the new $115 million Carlisle building expansion.