Frank Leffingwell is a shareholder at Sneed, Vine & Perry, P.C., where his practice focuses on the representation of closely-held and family businesses and high-net-worth individuals in business and financial transactions, estate and succession planning, and federal tax matters.
He practices out of the firm’s Georgetown, Texas office in Williamson County.
Frank’s knowledge and experience is unique in that it includes a wide range of business transactions, estate planning, and asset protection with a focus on tax implications and consequences. Representative matters include:
- Negotiated and obtained $250M of financing from GE Capital on behalf of a prominent Austin, Texas oil company.
- Structured, negotiated, and finalized an interest rate swap synthetically fixing the interest rate on $2.4M in construction bonds on behalf of a regional YMCA.
- Negotiated and finalized a manufacturing agreement with a Mexican-based distillery on behalf of a multimillion-dollar Texas-based alcohol producer.
- Negotiated, structured, and finalized the spin-off and sale of a division of a large Central Texas chain of dry-cleaning stores to a Dallas-based investor group.
- Negotiated, structured, and completed the sale of a prominent insurance brokerage business to a national insurance brokerage business for more than $3M.
- Negotiated, structured, and completed the sale of a luxury resort for $10.5M, including obtaining $400,000 of bridge financing pending the sale.
- Advised, structured, and completed the reorganization of a multimillion-dollar manufacturing business, resulting in the insulation of lines of the manufacturer’s business from the liabilities of other lines of the business.
- Negotiated and finalized a logistics and transportation services agreement between a Fortune 100 computer manufacturer and UPS.
- Provided representation in the division and conversion of a multimillion-dollar newspaper business resulting in increased asset protection and franchise tax savings in excess of $30,000 annually.
- Negotiated with the IRS on behalf of a client with regard to past due payroll tax liabilities, resulting in tax savings for client of approximately $300,000.
- Negotiated with the IRS on behalf of a client for the abatement of penalties for failure to pay and failure to file for two tax years, resulting in aggregate savings for the client in excess of $120,000.
- Provided interstate and international tax advice regarding a complex investment partnership intended to take on investment in excess of $4M, and completed the formation and investment of the partnership, including the formation of over twenty subsidiary entities of the partnership.
Prior to joining Sneed, Vine & Perry, P.C., Frank owned his own law firm, served as tax counsel at the Austin office of a large Dallas-based law firm, and was a lawyer at a Fortune 50 corporation.
In 2010, he received the AV Preeminent rating (highest possible) from Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability, and that same year was admitted as a Sustaining Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. He is also a Life Fellow of the Austin Bar Foundation.
Frank is a Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International and currently serves as an executive committee member of the Greater Round Rock Community Foundation and the Austin Area Research Organization (AARO).
Frank is a former Round Rock City Council Member, a former commissioner of the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (CTRMA), and a former executive committee member of the Capital Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG). He is also the former chair of the Capital Area Economic Development District, the City of Round Rock Planning and Zoning Commission, and the Brushy Creek Regional Utility Authority (BCRUA).
He is a former member of the board of directors of the Baylor Scott & White Medical Center for Round Rock/Austin, St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center, and Seton Williamson Foundation. He is also a former chair of the board of directors of Family Eldercare in Austin and the CHASCO YMCA in Round Rock.