Phone: (512) 494-3190
Kasi Moeskau’s practice involves a wide range of corporate client representation. Kasi represents and counsels clients in connection with transactional matters including mergers, the acquisition and sale of companies, the acquisition and sale of corporate assets, and the acquisition and sale of commercial real estate assets. Kasi also routinely advises clients regarding the formation of business entities for individuals and joint ventures.
Kasi serves as general counsel for a wide variety of businesses, assisting in wide-ranging operational matters, including the draft, review and negotiation of service contracts, the resolution of disputes, advice regarding corporate compliance and fiduciary duties, and assisting with other day-to-day operational matters. Kasi’s general counsel clients include trade associations, non-profit associations, insurance companies, insurance agencies, and other small and mid-size companies.
In addition, Kasi represents insurance clients before the Texas Department of Insurance and insurance companies and providers of pre-need funeral contracts before the Texas Department of Banking. She represents insurance companies writing all lines of life, accident and health, and property and casualty insurance, managed care companies, agencies and premium finance companies on both general business and regulatory matters such as mergers, acquisitions, reinsurance agreements, licensing filings, and disciplinary matters.
Background and Education
Kasi grew up in Dumas, Texas. She was admitted to the bar after receiving her undergraduate education at Texas Tech University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999). Kasi attended law school at the University of Texas (J.D. 2002). Kasi clerked at Sneed, Vine & Perry during her second and third years of law school and has been with the firm since graduating. Kasi became a shareholder in 2008.
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition of a $20 million Marriott-brand hotel in the greater Memphis, Tennessee area.
- Represented Purchaser in the acquisition and refinance of a $100 million portfolio of skilled nursing facilities in Illinois.
- Represented a start-up joint venture in the preparation of organizational documents and service agreements and provided counsel on organizational logistics, internal processes and general business plan for the new venture.
- General Business
- Real Estate
- Commercial Finance
- Insurance Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Regulatory Law
- BA, summa cum laude, Texas Tech University, 1999
- JD, University of Texas, 2002